Transforming Assessment Design
The Transforming Assessment Design online courses are tailored to provide a flexible, actionable learning journey for participants to learn how to assess and credential complex competencies. Participants have the option to learn at their own pace or they can coordinate with colleagues to work through modules simultaneously in, for example, a series of professional development sessions at school.
Learn the what and why of assessing complex competencies. Focus on the global shift in thinking about teaching, assessing and credentialling complex competencies.
- 3-week modules (approximately 3 hours per module)
Learn how to
- lead the assessment and recognition of complex competencies
- create the conditions for transformed assessment design
- use the University’s psychometrically-validated tools and resources to assess learners’ complex competencies
- design credentials
Importantly, this course gives participants the tools they need to test this out in their own setting.
- 7-week modules (approximately 3 hours per module)
- Fee: $330
Existing Melbourne Assessment partner schools eligible for subsidised enrollments should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COMING IN 2024
During or following the completion of Transforming Assessment Design: Leading assessment and recognition of complex competencies, teacher or school leader participants can put into practice what they have learnt.
This involves participants leading a group of others to use the University’s technology and resources to plan for, teach, assess and report on learners’ attainment of a particular complex competency.
Participants will also complete scaffolding tasks that will support their ability to lead and influence ongoing practices at their school.
- Participants produce a portfolio that is assessed by The University of Melbourne
- Successful completion is rewarded with a microcred from The University of Melbourne
- Fee: $770 for upgrading from Transforming Assessment Design: Leading assessment and recognition of complex competencies, or $1,100 including both Transforming Assessment Design: Leading assessment and recognition of complex competencies and Microcred
Yes. In order to complete the assessment required to attain microcred from The University of Melbourne, you need to have participated in the courses.
Each module consists of numerous activities and steps. It is anticipated that each module takes approx. 3 hours. You can take these at your own pace.
The University of Melbourne regularly works with large networks to facilitate collaborative learning journeys. Please contact email@example.com to discuss.